The Journal of Computer Applications in Archaeology (JCAA) was launched in the CAA 2017 conference in order to provide an attractive outlet for the publication of cutting-edge research in the broad field of digital archaeology and cultural heritage. The journal aims at publishing top-level peer-reviewed academic papers based on presentations during the annual CAA conferences, but they can also be submitted independently.
The journal is now looking for new Editorial Board members with 10+ years of expertise (intended as postgraduate experience, i.e. after the achievement of a Master degree) exclusively in the following fields: heritage management, public outreach, education, fieldwork automation and underwater digital data collection. We specifically encourage female scholars and scholars from non-English-speaking countries to apply.
The main role of a board member will be to act as an advocate of the journal and help advance submissions and reputation, as well as provide occasional help in the processing or reviewing of submissions. We will encourage you to proactively network and promote the journal, think creatively about new ways of attracting interest, and solicit content from colleagues where appropriate.
More specifically, the responsibilities expected from a board member are:
· to distribute the Call for Papers as widely as possible and to promote the journal whenever possible to gain submissions
· to consider submitting their own publications to the journal
· to make suggestions on how to improve the journal
· to carry out occasional peer review for the journal
· to assist in locating suitable peer reviewers, if required
· to let the editorial team know of conferences/events that could be used as journal promotion opportunities (especially relevant if they will be attending the event)
· to provide editorial advice/opinion to the Editor in Chief or section editors on submissions, if required
· to be available to contribute to a yearly editorial board review, should it be required
· to help promote specific publications and press releases, if asked by the Editor in Chief
We invite you to serve for 3 years in the first instance, subject to review.
Should you be interested in joining the Editorial Board of JCAA, you can apply by sending an e-mail to the Managing Editors (Arianna Traviglia and Philip Verhagen) at email@example.com, and include a motivation letter (max 500 words) and a short CV (max 2 pages). It is essential that both the documents are included and that, in the motivation letter, you clearly specify the area of expertise from the above listed you want to be considered for. The deadline is 5th May 2017.